Friday 14 September 2007

Be Free!

How many brides do I meet that have allowed themselves to be bound by the rules? Truthfully, the majority intend to do things by the book and use phrases like 'I'm supposed to do this' and 'I'm meant to do that.' My answer is, 'who says?' I know there is etiquette,tradition, ritual, all those things but really the right way to do things is only the way that is right for you.

I really want to encourage and help people to think for themselves when they are getting married-and have a wedding journey that enriches and colours their lives for the better. It should not be bound by rules; it can be a voyage of self discovery and a time of growth as you plan a day that is relevant to you and your life, your values and beliefs, your intentions and your own style.

Forget all those endless checklists of all that you must have and all that you must do and keep that perfect wedding planning formula at arms distance. Go for something that is essentially you, personal, intimate, joyful. Free yourself from the shackles of commercial wedding planning and venture out on your own road on your terms and see how free you feel. Liberty!

No comments: