Wednesday 7 November 2007

Buck the Trend

Just as I completed the last post I ran head first into an article entitled Celebrity Wedding Trends: What's In Style. Oy Veh! Is there no escape from this?

I learn that their cakes are tall opposed to wide, they are into involving their pets, they are keen on doing it far away places and Katie Holmes is responsible for the resurrection of wedding gowns with sleeves? And, we either fall into the category of famous or non famous, celebrity or non-celebrity, star or non-entity. I made the last one up but you get my point.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that anyone is interested in this useless information that serves no purpose other than to make people feel anxious that their own wedding isn't quite wowee enough.

What tosh! My advice is to give a wide berth to anything that is labelled 'must have' prefixed by the word uber and followed by the words, cool or stylish or claims to be any kind of trend.

It's that flimsy and fickle you can turn anything that you want into a trend and it doesn't have to be led by a s'leb to be acceptable. You go ahead and take great pleasure in doing your own thing, you'll find it so much more enjoyable and rewarding.

No comments: